It is the responsibility of each Unit Owner and/or his Tenants to comply with these rules and regulations and to ensure that owners, tenants, guests and employees or any other person over which they have control, abide by the rules herein- Owners and Tenants are jointly liable for violations of the rules. Guests of residents are to be made aware of and are expected to abide by the Association's rules and regulations.
9:00 AM -12:00 PM
Important telephone numbers:
Miami-Dade Fire/Police Non-Emergency
City of Sunny Isles Beach
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL 911
Florida Power and Light
Atlantic Broadband Cable
Preferred Accounting Services, Inc.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Condominium living requires that each owner regulates the occupancy and use of his/her unit alone with the common elements so as not to, unreasonably or unnecessarily, disturb any other adjacent residents. The following Rules and Regulations have been established by Avila South Condominium Association, Inc. to protect the owner/tenant’s right to a quiet living.
MAINTENANCE OF UNITS AND OCCUPANCY
Units shall be occupied solely by one family as a residence and not to be used for any other purpose. Occupancy is to be as follows:
a. One-bedroom units shall be occupied by no more than two (2) persons.
b. One-bedroom 1 1/2 bath units shall be occupied by no more than three (3) persons
c. Two-bedroom units shall be occupied by no more than four (4) persons.
The above listed occupancy shall not apply to short, temporary visits, provided that the Board of Directors may limit the number of such visitors when necessary to prevent overtaxing facilities, which are the common element.
1. All Owners must advise the Board of Directors in writing the arrival date, length of stay, and names of guests. Guest must report to the office with their identifications on the next business day after arrival.
2. Units shall be used only for residential purposes, as a single-family private dwelling for the Unit Owner, the members of his immediate family and social guests and for no other purposes.
3. No trade, business, profession, or any type of commercial activity may be conducted in the unit.
4. Each Unit Owner, at his/her own expense, shall maintain his unit in good condition and repair.
5. All unit floors must be carpeted over padding; if new floors are installed, it must be properly done over approved sound proofing material. A city permit is required.
6. Unit Owners and occupants shall exercise extreme care to minimize noise so as not to disturb the surrounding Unit Owners. Miami-Dade has a Noise Ordinance for excessive noise from
11:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
7. The pest control company must be allowed to fumigate each unit monthly to keep the building pest free.
8. The Association must have keys to all units for emergency purposes. If the key is left with another Unit Owner, then that person's name must be registered with the office. If no one is available to provide access to the unit in case of an emergency, forcible entry at the expense of the Unit Owner will be made.
9. Promptly report any water leaks, mold, possible termite problems to the Association office:
11. No structural change or alterations shall be made in any unit, except upon approval, in writing by the Board of Administration of the Association. City permits may be required.
12. Remodeling — Make sure all workers clean hallways and work areas at the end of their workday- Unit Owner will be responsible if any additional cleaning or materials disposal is required.
13. Noise from work in units is prohibited between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. on weekdays, and at any time on Sundays or holidays. (Miami Dade Noise Ordinance)
14. Draperies, vertical blinds, mini-blinds or shades are the only window treatment allowed.
15. Iron bars on doors or windows are prohibited.
16. Hot tubs and washer machines are prohibited.
UNIT ABSENCE AND HURRICANE GUIDELINES
1. Those desiring Hurricane Shutters or storm windows shall submit a written request to the Board for approval per the City of Sunny Isles Beach Code Enforcement. A copy of the proposal must be submitted.
2. Tape is not allowed to remain on windows; please remove, after the storm immediately.
3. Please shut off the water to your unit when leaving for an extended period of time.
1. There is a two-year waiting period after purchasing a unit before the unit may be rented.
2. Owners shall not permit occupancy of the unit for more than two weeks in his or her absence and visitors must be registered.
3. No Unit shall be rented more than once during a 12month period.
4. The term of a lease can only be for a period of three (3) months to one (1) year. Short-Term Rental are prohibited. Please contact the City of Sunny Isles for the Ordinance.
5. Current copies of the unit's lease must be submitted to the office, including all lease renewals.
MOVING IN AND OUT
1. Persons moving in or out must use the rear entrances of the building. Moving hours are Monday through Saturday, from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
2. Use protective mats when moving furniture and appliances in the elevators.
3. Any damages caused to the elevators will be deducted from the Association deposit or to the owner, whoever applies.
1. PLEASE FOLLOW POSTED TRASH ROOM REGULATION NOTICES AS MAY BE AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME.
2. Garbage Chutes shall not be used before 8:00 AM or after 10:00 PM.
3. All garbage and recycling items shall be deposited in the disposal installation provided for such purposes. All recycling laws shall be followed, and it will be strictly enforced.
4. Recycling baskets are not for regular trash nor discarding bulky items. Please do not commingle trash with the recycling.
5. Mattresses, furniture, appliances or any other large items must be removed from the property by supplier or delivery person or taken to the Miami-Dade bulk disposal directly. These discarded items may not be placed or stored anywhere on the property.
6. All trash must be placed in tied plastic bags and placed inside the trash chute.
7. Do not drop oversize items or large bags behind the trash chute door.
1. PLEASE FOLLOW POSTED LAUNDRY ROOM REGULATION NOTICES AS MAY BE AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME.
2. The washers and dryers operate by money cards. The cards may be purchased, and re-filled funds at the ATM machine located by the office.
3. Please clean washers and dryers after each use. Laundry hours are 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
POOL AND RECREATIONAL FACILITIES
1. PLEASE OBEY POSTED POOL RULES, AS MAY BE AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME. THE ASSOCIATION WILL NOT ASSUME LIABILITY FOR AN INDIVIDUAL'S FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE SAFETY RULES.
2. Anyone under the age of 14 using the recreational facilities must be accompanied by an adult.
3. Visitors and/or guests using recreational facilities or pool must be accompanied by Tenant or Owner.
4. Children under age of three (3) and any other persons who are incontinent may not use the pool unless they are wearing leak-proof protective diapers and a swimsuit.
5. Toys, bicycles, roller-skates, skateboards, strollers, playpens, carriages, and similar items are not permitted in or near the swimming pool.
6. Inflatable items and noodles are permitted in the pool if they do not cause a nuisance to other pool users. Inflatable devices or life vests attached to the person for safety purposes are always allowed.
7. The recreation, exercise room and sauna are open from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Be minded that the use of the gym equipment is at your own risk. Turn off the lights and A/C when vacating the areas.
8. Recreation room is available for private parties or gathering with reservations. Please reserve 48hr in advance and it is solely for our community residents. It is not intended for a family/friend that do not live in our property.
1. As per the Florida Clean Air Act there is ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN ALL ENCLOSED AREAS in order to protect the public health, comfort and environment. If a person fails to comply, he/she will be subject to fines as provided by Florida Law.
2. Common areas shall not be obstructed, littered, or misused in any manner.
3. Children are not allowed to play in hallways, stairwells, or elevators. Children under 14 years of age must always be supervised and accompanied by an adult.
4. This is a gated "No Trespassing" community. Unannounced and non-approved visitors, as well as solicitors, are trespassers, and will be reported to the Police Department.
5. Guests are limited to four (4) persons per unit in the pool area.
6. No one is permitted to interfere with or give directions to the maintenance personnel, or employees of the companies providing service to the Association. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Management in writing.
7. Do not use the key as a handle to pull or hold door; this will prevent key breakage.
8. There will be no skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, or bicycles ridden inside the buildings or in the parking lot. They must be carried outside the common areas before using.
9. Bicycles or any other items may not be stored in the hallways or stairways, per Fire Code.
10. Removal and defacing of posted notices are strictly prohibited as they are intended for informational purposes to all residents.
1. The parking spaces, as defined in the Association documents, are for the exclusive use of a Unit Owner and each Unit is limited to one assigned space per unit.
2. Parking vehicles in unauthorized spaces or not designated parking areas is prohibited.
3. Parking by Owners or Tenants in spaces which are designated as "guests" is prohibited.
4. All visitors shall only park in areas designated as "guest" parking.
5. All areas designated as "guest" parking shall be for temporary use only. Any visitor parked in a "guest" parking overnight must display an authorization decal, or the number of the unit being visited on the vehicle's
dashboard. Failure to comply will result in the vehicle being towed away at the vehicle owner's expense.
6. Car repairs are prohibited on the property. Only emergency vehicle repairs, such as changing a flat tire or charging a battery, may be done in the condominium property.
7. Children are prohibited from playing in the parking areas.
8. All vehicles must be in good condition and tags must be current. A motor vehicle that cannot operate under its own power shall remain on the property for no more than twenty-four (24) hours.
9. Vehicles must be parked head-in only.
10. Commercial vehicles are not permitted on reserved parking spaces. Commercial vehicles may only park in "guest" spaces or at a service parking space while conducting a service to a unit in our building from 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Commercial vehicles are defined as:
All vehicles (including regular passenger automobiles), that displayed a sign, passengers vans,
11. Cars parked illegally in reserved parking areas will be towed at the vehicle owner's expense following complaint by the Unit Owner. Unit Owners who wish to use other Unit Owner's reserved spaces must have written permission by the Owner and have a copy on file with the Association office.
12. Oil leaks from vehicles damage the asphalt, please clean immediately. Unit Owners who clean their oil leaks will be charged for the resulting pressure cleaning or repairs.
13. The use and parking of go-carts and all-terrain vehicles upon the property is prohibited.
14. The penalty for violation of any of the above rules shall be towing in a manner consistent with local law and in accordance with the Association's documents and at the vehicle owner's expense.
Rental of Card Room & Bar-B-Que Area
MUST BE RESERVED 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE WITH DEPOSIT
1. Party to be held from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. At closing time room must be in order, cleaned and locked.
2. Music to be at a normal noise level so as not to disturb the adjacent neighbors.
3. If an incident happens during the party, Avila South is absolved of any inappropriate behavior and any costs incurred, due to the incident, will be the owner/renter's responsibility.
4. Please be sure to clean the room and leave everything in the same condition it was otherwise the deposit will be kept.
5. NO GLASS ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN THE CARD ROOM OR BAR-B-QUE AREAS ARE PERMITTED. Bar-b-Que and surrounding area must be thoroughly cleaned, and vacated no later than 10:00 p.m.
A deposit of $50.00 cash only must be paid at time of reservation & deposit will be returned if all rules have been honored and the area has been inspected and deemed satisfactory, otherwise the deposit will be forfeited.